April has not only brought lots of showers (let’s hope for lots of May flowers!), but it’s also brought with it a lot of stress-inducing events. I seemed to have stumbled into a run of mishaps and little annoyances that were really starting to take their toll. But yesterday, my April began to turn around. Yesterday was a great day. Why was yesterday so happy? Let me bullet-point it for you (because to me, a good list is happy):
- Work was very productive. I enjoy a day where I keep busy and achieve my work-day goals.
- It was supposed to rain all day, but the afternoon was warm and sunny. I got to venture outside for lunch without my winter jacket.
- Hadley went to the groomer. I dropped him off before work and picked him up afterwards. The groomer said he did so well hanging out with her all day that from now on she’s going to charge us less because he is such a pleasure. Also, Hadley doesn’t smell like wet dog anymore.
- I weighed myself for the first time in a month, so I could know how much weight I have to lose to reach my cruise-time goal. I lost a pound in March will aiming to maintain my current weight, so this was a happy surprise.
- My run on the treadmill yesterday was a great one. I had lots of energy and my two miler felt good. I was able to rock out a sub-8 minute mile for my second mile, and I could have gone faster if I knew I would have so much left at the end. It feels good to be getting back into a running groove.
- Chris got out of work before midnight!!! In fact he got out of work in time for a late dinner. This only happens once in a while, since he is mid trial and is absolutely slammed at work. We went out to dinner at a local pub-style restaurant where we kicked back, enjoyed a beer, and I polished off a delicious ahi tuna salad.
- We caught up on bad TV together. Nothing is more fun that watching truly bad TV with the man you love.
Let’s hope April is now on the up and up!