This is a weekly post where I take time to be thankful for the small extras that made me happy this past week.
I’ve been a little lax on posting This Week’s Loves. I realize that these are important posts, so here we go:
– Enjoying dinner at a diner with some of my high school best friends. In high school, we spent most of our time at diners, so it only makes sense that we continue the tradition in NYC.
Diner food is my ultimate comfort food.
– Finding fun spring accessories: mint flower hair clips from H&M.
– Celebrating my 10 year Veggiversary all week long.
A Veggiversary creation.
– Going to services at a synagogue in my new neighborhood for the first time.
– Brunching at my current favorite NYC brunch-spot Good and ordering the bread basket.
Biscuits, pear crumb cake, and orange glazed donuts (not pictured).
– Having a sleepover with my mom.
– Coming home from the gym to find Chris home from work with pink tulips for moi.
They look just like these and are still going strong!
– Earning the right to call myself a lawyer (okay, probably not such a little thing).
What little things made you happy this past week?
I’ve had a busy long weekend that I was sad to see come to an end. Friday I went to Friday Night services for the first time at a new temple, which I really enjoyed. I followed services with a long and leisurely dinner with two friends. We went to a new place selling itself on fresh harvest foods. It was also BYBO – always a plus. We split the guac and chips and I splurged on a pasta dish with fresh veggies and mozzarella. We ended the night splitting two desserts – both the molten lava cake and bread pudding were decadently delicious.
Saturday started with a wonderful brunch, which I plan to recap in a later Foodie Friday post. Then, I went out to visit my friends Michelle and Frank who just moved into a lovely new apartment together in Central Jersey. It was fun to visit and to hang out in some of my old haunts. Sunday started with book club – pictures to come tonight – and ended with my mom coming to spend the night. Chris, my mom, and I enjoyed a giant salad for dinner followed by mango sherbet for dessert.
Monday was the big event. I got sworn into the NY Bar. Officially lawyered! The ceremony was really nice. It was held in a beautiful courtroom and was short, sweet, and to the point. We got to recite the oath and then we were attorneys. Crazy. Call me esquire. 😉
So after the nice long weekend, I wasn’t 100% looking forward to go back to the grind. But then when I woke up this morning and checked my blog, I was happy to see that I received my first blogging award! What a great way to start a shortened week. My Wandering Spoon – one of my favorite blogs for recipe inspiration – awarded me with The Circle of Friendship Award.
The Circle of Friendship Award goes out to 10 other bloggers whose blogs inspire me with their creative recipes, thoughtful posts, and amusing life stories. They also are bloggers who offer comments on my blog that are both encouraging and make this whole blogging thing worthwhile. I could probably make a list that goes on and on, but here are my ten bloggers for the Circle of Friendship Award:
– Tiffany at Simply Shaka
– Diana at My Marble Rye
– Sarah at Every Day’s a Picnic
– Ashley at Run With Me
– Lofty Appetite
– Hungry Child in the City
– Stephanie at Love Life Project
– Madeline at Greens and Jeans
– Kristina at Life as Kristina
– Alex at Healing Beauty